M*A*S*H (Medical Applications of Science for Health) camp is an excellent two week summer enrichment program that allows rising high school juniors and seniors to shadow health professionals and attend workshops that enhance their experience in the health care field. Many of Arkansas' brightest students have participated in MASH which provided the catalyst needed to spur them on toward a health profession. UAMS Northeast MASH students participate in dissections, CPR training, casting, a UAMS tour, and daily job-shadowing allowing first-hand experience in a variety of health care environments.
- Must be an existing 10th or 11th grader when application is filled out
- Must have Biology completed
- Must have a 2.75 GPA or higher
Students who meet the above requirements are selected based on the following:
- Recommendation Letters
- Academic, Athletic or other Achievements and Awards
- Extra-Curricular Activities, Leadership, and Service
- Essay describing the student's desire to attend this program and to pursue a health career
2014 MASH DATES - June 2-12, 2014 8:00 - 4:00 p.m. daily
Application Coming Soon!
Application Deadline - TBA
** Two New MASH Programs added to the Northeast area:
- Harris Hospital - Newport, AR - Director - Margaret Goodman
- Arkansas Northeastern College - Blytheville, AR - Director -Angie Dixon
For more informantion about these programs e-mail Yalanda Merrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 870-336-7986.